New journal quilt

Water soluble crayons and pencils on white cotton with a gold roller print over the top. Quilted with YLI variegated cotton thread and edges finished with yarn.

some new pics

These are some of the fabrics I printed with my thermofax screens at the recent craft fair in Claremont. I sold some screens and caught up with many people I knew so it was good to have the opportunity to be there as a guest artist of The Thread Studio. Below: isn’t this cute – […]

New beads and fabric

While I was making this flower screen for the winner of my thermofax giveaway, I decided to do one for me too and do some prints from it. Above: printed on a dyed and discharged fabric with some hand painting added to bring out the flowers a little more. Printed on another dyed and discharged […]

New work

This 12″x 12″ journal quilt was just finished. The appliqued shapes started as a separate piece of embroidery but being all olive colours, I thought it was a bit dull so I cut it up into these rectangular pieces. I had trouble finding a suitable background – tried it against many different colours but wasn’t […]

Japan Journal Quilt: Chrysanthemums

On my first trip to Japan in Autumn, I was struck by the displays of Chrysanthemums at most of the temples and castles we visited. Particularly where they were trained to grow over frames to give a magnificent display, but also in bonsai form and as single specimens. This 12″ x 12″ quilt uses some […]

Feb Journal Quilt

I managed to get a little Napthol dyeing done last week – just blue, for a particular project. The dye was still active so I threw in lots of scrap fabric pieces to use it up. This 12″ x 12″ quilt was made from some of the dyed scrap pieces. This week I’m busy preparing […]

Another journal quilt & more

My newest journal quilt which I will post on the 3 Creative Studios Flickr Group. It’s one piece of fabric – started out as a print. The flowers are made from paper towel used for moping up dispersal dye. I’ve cut them into shapes, used them for printing on polyester fabrics, then glued them to […]