Catching up

Yesterday was the second part of my Breakdown printing workshop. Above: 1 of the screens I prepared – haven’t printed it off yet. You can see some of the things I used for texture sticking out from under the screen. Below: 2 more screens. I’ve since added more to the left one.

Above & below: prints from some of my thermofax screens.

I didn’t finish the fabric from the last post, but it has progressed a little with some deColourant discharge added (below)

Above: my demo screen printed out on cotton velveteen.
Below: also velveteen. I like this – just rollered on and mono printed, leftover dye paste.
Looks nice and rich on the velveteen.
Below: these were horrible quilt fabrics altered with paintstick rubbings – I like them better now.
My workshop students produced some great fabric – I’ll show some of them next post.
Posted in dye and print, Procion dye work and tagged , , , , .


  1. Hi, Linda. Lovely prints. This is very tempting! I was thinking to myself that you certainly get a lot done, but then I remembered that it must be winter where you are. So I don’t feel so guilty for moving like a snail in the blistering heat!
    best, nadia

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.