Scarf finished

Yay! I finished my scarf for the competition today. I’ll just show the corner in case there are any restrictions on publishing pics. It’s silk pongee, dyed and printed with Napthols and it has cut out areas which were stitched using soluble vilene (541) as was the fringe. I’m happy with it but we’ll see […]

Windows Writer

Just trying this way of adding to my blog after reading about it in the QDU Yahoo group. Some recent printing (roller & lino block) Permaset on cotton fabric

This week …

2 new covered journals – the top one is a collage of various hand printed cotton fabric pieces with a heat transfer printed ribbon and the flower motif is a digitised design which I’ve extended by using scrunched and frayed fabrics.Below: polyester satin fabric – heat transfer dyed & stitched. The centre panel is a […]

Printed lines

The above fabric was screen-printed with Permaset printing ink using the stencil below which is vilene printed with acrylic paint – using the edge of a piece of cardboard. I’ve printed another layer on the fabric but the photo I took wasn’t very good. I’ll try again before I finish it. Above: monoprinted lines done […]

Holey Moley & rejected quilt

Above: my latest piece from an online course I’m doing run by Dale (The Thread Studio) called Holey Moley. It’s done on heat transfer printed felt. The squares were joined by machine stitching, then the 6 small squares were appliqued on. The triangular holes were cut out then stitched around and across and I used […]

New work

Finished today – this is 3.5 metres long so there’s no way I could photograph the whole piece. The pic above shows most of it although it’s scrunched up at the bottom. Below: a few detail photos. This is for the WAFTA Naturally exhibition which is on at The Moores Building Fremantle, August 7 – […]

RR fabric done

Last Saturday at the Designing women meeting we had a silk paper workshop given by Judith Pinnell who’s written 2 books on the subject and has another ready to go. It was a fun workshop – I’ve made silk paper several times before but still learnt a few things. The above piece was done in […]

My Round Robin fabric returns

Today my fabric from the Complex Cloth Yahoo Group round robin came in the mail. It was started in January and has been to 4 people after me but I don’t think it’s finished yet so when I have time, I’ll add more. Thanks to those who worked on it. I still have to add […]

Batched and washed out

This is my layer on Donna’s fabric from the Complex Cloth group round robin (detail below). I haven’t managed to get the colours quite right in the photo but you can see what I’ve done. Susan screenprinted the smaller square design on with fabric paint, so I decided to keep with her theme and took […]

Art Cloth Challenge

This is the fabric I did for Jane Dunnewold’s Art Cloth Challenge held early last year. (detail pics below) I can now show it because Jane has created an Art Cloth Challenge blog where all 12 pieces are documented with each person’s story of their process.She sent 12 people 2 yards of the same blue […]